Be sure to scroll down through entire page to read about ALL fall start-up activities and information on 100th Anniversary events * including* tickets to banquet, Saturday, October 28.
With Fall our bakers get busy turning out their delicious loaves of pulla *Finnish coffee bread.
It is available Sundays after 10 a.m. worship.
1.CHOIR - Rehearsals are Wednesdays at 7 in the sanctuary under the direction of Karen Kettles, Ministry of Music Director. As well voices to lead hymns and offer Sunday anthems, Karen is inviting singers to make a short term commitment to prepare and present special music for Zion's 100th Anniversary Service on October 29. There may also be brief rehearsals after 10 a.m. worship to polish music for this event closer to the time. Leave your name at the church office (705 253 8703) if you would like Karen to contact you with more details.
2. SEWING ROOM - Opens September 22. It will be Fridays from 9:30 to noon this Fall. Enter by the main Upton Road door. There is a doorbell and expect our trusty, doorman, John Gabriel to welcome you. the sewing room@zion will close for the Christmas Season on the first Friday in December. A date will be set by group at that time to resume in January 2024.
This mission is open to the community and is ecumenical. Items are sewn for need in our community and in 3rd World countries. Call co-ordinator, Pat Mathews 705 945 8741 for more details. Also see photos in slides on "What We Do" page.
3. LUTHERAN CHURCH WOMEN MEETING - The LCW will meet Tuesday, September 19 at
1:30pm. All women are invited to join us for our first meeting after our summer holiday.
4. BIBLE STUDY - Emmaus and Zion will join together for Bible Study every other MONDAY. Pastor Holly Klemmensen leading the study starting September 17th. Both a morning and afternoon group is planned from which to choose. There will be a break for Christmas and Holy Week until the end of June. The study will be in the Emmaus Hall off the parking lot lower level 1643 Wellington St. E.
Please confirm with Pastor Brad, Zion Office 705-253-8703 or Pat Mathews 705 945 8741.
5. MANNA BASKET for PAULINE’S PLACE - The Manna Basket at Zion needs filling for a delivery Thanksgiving weekend. On Thanksgiving Sunday please consider donating fresh root vegetables and cabbages to share with the residents of Pauline’s Place. Any goods left by the altar after worship on that Sunday will be donated. this time. Please consider donating to the basket this month to help the young people at Pauline’s Place.
6. SCRAPBOOK WEEKEND - Friday, November 10 (4 to 11pm) & Saturday, November 11 (9 to 9)
will be held at Emmaus Anglican Church, 1643 Wellington E. For a cost of $50 you will have a space to craft Friday and Saturday as well as lunch and supper on Saturday.
The profits will be shared equally by Zion Lutheran & Emmaus Anglican.
Contact Tracy Mittleholtz for more information and to register at 705-971-1928.
100th ANNIVERSARY EVENTS
Tickets are now available for $40 a person for the congregational dinner at Root River,
85 Old Highway 17 N to be held October 28. They may be bought from the office on Wednesday or purchased after worship on Sunday.
1. Our weekly email and printed bulletin contains a 100th Anniversary Corner. There you will find writings with memories from congregation members.
2. 100th ANNIVERSARY CHALLENGE: Pastor Brad and family have issued a 100th anniversary challenge, - a 100th anniversary gift to the Benevolence Fund of the Eastern Synod of the ELCIC. Click on link below to learn of all this fund supports.
If you wish to donate, please use your regular envelope (or any envelope) and print Anniversary Challenge in the memo/other line. If $100 is too much for your budget, consider 100 dimes, 100 quarters, 100 nickels … Let us give generously this anniversary year.